Built for Fast Data Center Applications
The Seagate 1200.2 SSD family includes the next-generation of high-capacity, high-performance SAS SSDs designed with multiple endurance offerings optimized for demanding enterprise applications and maximum TCO savings. The 1200.2 SAS SSD family features:
- 12Gb/s SAS interface for the highest level of enterprise reliability, availability and scalability
- Industry-leading storage density range including 4TB-class capacity in a 2.5-inch form factor
- Endurance options to match the needs of a wide range of enterprise workloads
- Enhanced enterprise reliability, data protection and data security
Industry Leading Performance up to 1900MB/s
The 1200.2 SAS SSD family delivers ultra-fast, consistent and easily scalable performance that exceeds 12Gb/s SAS single port bandwidth.
- Optimized for enterprise applications with write-intensive, mixed, read intensive and highly read intensive workloads to improve storage and server system performance
- Provides consistent low latency data access, reliably accelerating enterprise and cloud storage systems
High Capacity Solution with Multiple Endurance Offerings
The 1200.2 SSD is the most efficient high capacity solution that offers a wide range of product configurations that enables optimizations for specific applications and workloads.
- Increases enterprise storage density with an industry-leading capacities range including 4TB-class in a 2.5” form factor
- Offers four endurance categories that meet the performance and cost needs for a wide range of applications – One stop source for all your enterprise SSD storage needs
- Saves cost by offering “fit to function” choices that meet requirements for capacity, endurance and performance – Pay for what you need
12Gb/s SAS Server Support
The 1200.2 SSD industry-leading 12Gb/s SAS doubles interface speed and improves ROI by leveraging existing SAS servers, accommodating SAS infrastructure scalability, and a proven SCSI command set.
- Dual 12Gb/s SAS doubles bandwidth (backwards compatible with 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s SAS)
- Multi-path I/O features help ensure high data availability with failover redundancy and no single point of failure
- High signal integrity (low noise) makes it safer to use longer cables
- Scalability—SAS supports more than 65K drive slots (via expanders)
- Advanced SAS drive-level error correction to help ensure the integrity of data during the storage process
Robust Enterprise Feature Set
Backed by Seagate industry-leading customer support, global supply chain expertise, and deep ecosystem relationships, the 1200.2 SSD typically reduces OEM/system builder qualification effort, helping to save time and money. The 1200.2 SSD delivers high data integrity, advanced data security and high endurance.
- Expert media management techniques help to prevent premature wear in heavy write applications, preventing downtime and costs associated with premature failures
- Power loss data protection and full path data protection
- Multi-layered error recovery technology with advanced error detection/correction encoding optimized for NAND flash
- Seagate Secure™ drive options: Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS SED models1 with Seagate Instant Secure Erase2 technology
1Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS 140-2 validated drives are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.
2ISO/IEC 27040 (Information technology—Security techniques—Storage security) and NIST 800-88 (Guidelines for Media Sanitization)
Enterprise SAS SSD Built To:
- Improve storage and server system performance
- Upgrade to 12Gb/s SAS while leveraging existing SAS infrastructures and investments
- Support server virtualization, online transaction processing, high performance computing and heavy data analytics applications
- Ensure high data availability and integrity
What's in the box
- Outstanding SSD performance
- 12Gb/s SAS interface support
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase technology1
- World class service and support